Three techniques to make a simple knot vanish from a rope.
- 00:00 – Demonstration of three knots
- 02:12 – Basic Dissolving Knot
- 06:50 – Martineau Smoke Knot
- 11:26 – Ryan’s Bubble Knot
- 15:00 – Grant’s Appearing Knots
The Basic Dissolving Knot is very old, and can be found in many books.
- A Knot That Is Not published by Vincent Dalban in the The Magic Wand March of 1919
I have not located the original source of Francis Martineau Smoke Knot but it can be found in:
- The Knot Collector by Phil Willmarth (1989) pg 4
- Called The Pretzel Knot in *Self-Working Rope Magic" by Karl Fulves (1990) pg 70
My Bubble Knot is, so far as I know, an original adaption, but a similar (non-gimmicked) handling can be found:
- The Illusive Knot by Dr. Joseph H Fries in The Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks (Squash publishing, pg 212)
Finally, the idea of the appearing knots:
- Spirit Knots by U.F. Grant in The Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks (Squash pg 228)